sabriel, you say?
[puts on glasses, turns on projector and retrieves 8 files of laminated information and images]
first up, sabriel is a supernatural ship between sam winchester and the archangel gabriel. it’s often seen as a convenient side ship to destiel, but it’s a wonderful ship in its own right.
it is fantastic for millions of reasons, which you’ll be hearing all about.
firstly, the similarities between them:
- gabriel was created as a sam parallel
- they both ran away from home
- they both tried to change their life paths—sam by attempting to leave the hunting life; gabriel by attempting to leave his angelic past behind
- sam lost himself when he started drinking demon blood; gabriel lost himself when he became the trickster
- they both feel and have been betrayed by their older brothers, whom they had once idolized
- redemption plays a huge part in both their storylines—sam is constantly trying to redeem his past mistakes; gabriel tried to redeem himself by giving his life in an attempt to kill lucifer
- they both tend to hide their emotions under a facade—sam’s being the usual, “i’m fine”, and his generally calm attitude; gabriel beneath his whole act of making everything a joke
- but to continue from the last point, when they do show their true emotions, they’re both passionate and fierce
they both have luscious manes of hair
- there are many more parallels between the two, but i need not go on since you can already see the consistent similarities between sam and gabe
these similarities are important in so many ways, because they mean they can relate to each other on a level that they wouldn’t be able to with many other people.
then the differences are what make this such a delightful ship:
- sam’s generally serious, while gabriel has a tendency to joke around. in this way, they balance each other out perfectly—gabriel reminds sam to laugh once in a while and sam makes sure gabriel tones it down when need be
- sam’s healthy, with his salad and working out; gabriel’s got an extreme sweet tooth. this means we get the buff moose getting all jelly-legged over his fairly well-padded archangel. also, a lot of people have the headcanon that gabe’s pretty self-conscious about his pudge and stretchmarks, but sam constantly reassures him that he adores it and it makes him all the more cuddly.
- HEIGHT DIFFERENCE DOES THIS EVEN NEED AN EXPLANATION IMAGINE SAM PICKING GABE UP AND THROWING HIM OVER HIS SHOULDER WHILE GABRIEL PROTESTS LOUDLY AND IMAGINE GABRIEL SNUGGLING INTO SAM AND MAKING A COMMENT ABOUT HOW HAVING A JUMBOMOOSE MAKES CUDDLING EVEN BETTER AND IMAGINE GABRIEL WALKING AROUND IN ONE OF SAM’S HOODIES BECAUSE IT’S LIKE A PORTABLE DUVET IT’S SO BIG ON HIM
dude. imagine. the. sex.
- we already know sam’s a rough one in bed, and, being an archangel, gabriel can take it all with ease. but then we can also have sam always being wary that he doesn’t hurt gabriel because, of course, gabriel’s so small
- BUT THEN THERE’S ALSO THE OPTION OF DOM!GABE TEASING SAM AND HAVING HIM WAKE UP TIED TO THE BED AND GENERALLY BEING THE ONLY PERSON THAT SAM CAN HAND CONTROL OVER TO COMPLETELY
- complete and utter trust
- they read each other so well that they can immediately see if they’ve gone too far/if one of them needs a break without either of them needing to say a word
- gabriel using his grace to, ahem, frustrate sam in public and sam getting really squirmy and blushy while gabe just sits there nonchalantly, even though he’s grinning like the cat that got the cream
- angry make up sex is perfect for them
- but then so is lazy morning sex filled with languid kisses because they’re both still so sleepy
- w i n g k i n k
- in fact, nearly every kink you can thing of because i have no doubt in my mind that these two are experimental
other things that make our shipper hearts sing with joy:
- gabriel being able to recount things like the trojan war, the building of the pyramids and the spartan civilization with ease because no doubt he was the in the thick of it all and sam having a total historygasm
- gabriel being a total cuddlebug
- sam walking in on gabriel singing carly rae jepsen’s call me maybe at the top of his lungs and joining in
- sam smiling and laughing harder than he has in years because sometimes gabriel’s so ridiculous that he just can’t help it
- sam doing his utmost to get gabriel to eat healthily and gabriel refusing with the all might of heaven
- gabriel and sam being little shits and screwing with dean and/or cas
- NOT TO MENTION THIS WHOLE FLIRTY THING THAT WAS GOING ON BETWEEN THEM:
- gabriel braiding sam’s hair because he’s bored
- sam being in awe of gabriel’s wings
- extravagant dates because gabe has no clue how to play it simple
- lots and lots of hurt/comfort on tap
also, this ship has some goddamn amazing fanart
(source unknown, but i think this is andlatitude’s work)
sabriel is a wonderful ship full of candy, jokes, cuddles and kinky sex, and is brought to life by fantastic fanart and fanfiction
and basically i really love it don’t question me
fuckyou-benedict-cumberbatch said: Can you please explain sabriel to me?
this cat is very beautiful and contemplative. owner wants to play with cat but cat is thinking about bigger things. cat thinks about life.
Roses are red
And true love is rare
Booty booty booty booty